Saturday, January 16, 2010

Two Month Check-in and 2nd Reti

I'm celebrating two months Sisterlocked this week! I also got my second retightening today. I only had slippage in the last row in the back. It was expected, due to the jackets, turtleneck collars, and scarves rubbing the little locks out. Plus it's the shortest and finest hair on my head. That area will likely be the last to lock.

I'm still wearing a braid out, but I want to start experimenting with curling my locks with rollers and rods. I did a quick experiment this morning that came out pretty cute. I was in a rush after shampooing my hair so I did a braid out in the front and secured the ends with rollers. In the back, where there's hardily any relaxer, I used larger rollers. It came out fairly decent. I think I can work with it. The first two pics are before my retightening, and the last two are afterwards.

 
I didn't notice a lot of changes in my SLs this past month. A few buds here and a few buds there, I guess they are doing their thing, . I am excited that I'm starting to see a little growth. My locks won't be short forever, so I'm enjoying this phase of my journey.

2 comments:

  1. Love the style, your locks are looking good. You are right, your locks wont be short forever!

    ReplyDelete