Monday, April 12, 2010

4 and 5 month Check in... and a re-ti in between

I missed my 4 month check in, but I'm a couple of days before 5 months, so it still counts.  My hair is doing wonderfully It's full, healthy and it's really growing!  I'm looking forward to the back dropping down a bit and the ability to wear a ponytail. At this rate, it won't be long.

I had my re-tightening, this time by my original consultant.  She said that my hair is locked.  YEA!  No more braiding and banding!  I'm not going crazy or anything, I did one shampoo with my locks free.  I have to admit I was a little scared a few may not be totally locked, so I was extra careful.   

I'm still experiencing flaking.  Whenever I shake my hair out with my fingers, it's like a winter snowfall.  My consultant suggested the SL Moisture Spray.  I used it and it felt like I was using curl activator!  I don't really like it, but I'm not wasting it, so I'm going to try to use it diluted.  Hopefully it ends the flaking.  I'll also try to go back to the ACV rinse.

One more thing...Is it me or does gray hair love to be natural?  I've had more little gray hairs sprout out than ever before!  It's not enough to send me running to find Miss Clarol, but I had to switch my part because they are starting to grow in around my hairline.

Here's how I achieved this style:  After shampooing and keeping a towel wrapped around my head for about 10 minutes to absorb extra water, I roll my hair with orange plastic perm rods.  I do not use any styling products.  I sit under the dryer for about 25 minutes. After removing rods, I loosen curls with my fingers. I sleep with a satin bonnet to protect the style.  I freshen up limp curls by using foam rollers wrapped with satin (found at Wal-Mart).  The style lasts for about a week.

2 comments:

  1. I just noticed that we're almost install sisters! I had the crazy flakes and itchiness and dry scalp as well, but I stopped using the SL starter shampoo and only use Suave's Clarifying Shampoo and I see a definite difference. Before I was Sl and freely natural, my hair readily made its own oils, which meant I never had to moisturize, and I kept wondering, why is it flaking and itching like crazy now that I have locks? It was the SL shampoo. Check with your consultant about using Suave's shampoo. You may not need any other moisturizers once you try it...I don't.

    ReplyDelete