Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pipe Cleaner curls on Short Sisterlocks!


Can short Sisterlocks be curled using pipe cleaners? You bet. I tried it and here's the results!


I took the pipe cleaner and cut it in half.  I then bent each cut piece in half and twisted it together leaving a loop at the pend.  After shampooing and towel drying hair, I took 4-5 locks and wrapped them around the pipe cleaner and bent the end.  I slept in the PCs overnight.  In the morning I removed the PCs.  The results were short spirally curls.  Because my hair holds a curl quite well, the spirals did not loosen up as much as I expected.  It was still a great style to pull back the sides as a faux hawk or pair up with a headband.


7 comments:

  1. Welcome Back

    Your piee cleaner curls came out really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I may have to try this to get a different look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The curls lasted forever! I wanted them to loosen up a little, but it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Love it! I need try this. Did you think of spraying a little water to to get them to fall a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking out my blog! Your pipe cleaner set (PCS) came out beautifully! It's so easy to do! It's gonna definitely be my new staple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'd love to see an update of your Sisterlocks!

    ReplyDelete